The Recipe Clipper will save recipes to your Plan to Eat account while you are browsing the web.
Install it as a bookmark on these devices & browsers:
Bookmark for your desktop
Install the Recipe Clipper as a bookmark in your browser.
iCloud install onto your iOS devices
Install the Recipe Clipper as a bookmark in Safari on your desktop, and sync it through iCloud to Safari on your iOS devices.
- In Safari, make sure that your Bookmarks Bar is visible.
- Drag and drop the Add to PTE box below into your bookmarks or favorites bar:
- Make sure that you are synchronizing your computer’s version of Safari with your iCloud account by opening your System Preferences.
- Make sure that you are synchronizing your iPhone or iPad with iCloud by opening your Settings and scrolling down to iCloud.
- If your computer and iPhone or iPad are synchronizing with the same iCloud account, the Recipe Clipper will be placed onto your device.
Manual install onto your iOS devices
Manually install the Recipe Clipper as a bookmark in Safari on your iOS device. (Use this option if you aren’t using iCloud)
Part 1: Update your settings
- Click into your settings, scroll down and select Safari. Scroll down to your Favorites settings and make sure that this is turned on.
- Next, find Privacy and Security, and make sure the Block Cookies settings is set to Allow from Websites I Visit.
Part 2. Create the bookmark
- Click the home button and open Safari.
- Copy the Bookmark code provided below. Copying can be done by pressing, holding, selecting all, then press copy.
- Go to PlanToEat.com and log into your Plan to Eat account.
- Press the share button in Safari and select Add Bookmark.
- Change the name of the bookmark to Save to PTE and make sure the bookmark location is in Favorites
- You should now see a link in your Favorites bookmark that reads Save to PTE
- Click the bookmark icon to view your bookmarks and navigate to your Favorites.
- Press the Edit button at the bottom of the Favorites list and select the Save to PTE favorite that you made earlier.
- In the URL bar, paste the code that you copied in Step 2.
- Press DONE.
Part 3: Using the bookmark
- With the bookmark installed, navigate to a recipe that you want to add to your Plan to Eat account.
- Press the Save to PTE bookmark that you made earlier to load the recipe into the Plan to Eat Recipe Clipper window, and the recipe will be saved to your Plan to Eat account.
Bookmark code (copy and paste):
GoogleSync install onto your Android or iOS devices
Install the Recipe Clipper as a bookmark in Chrome on your desktop, and sync through Google to Chrome on your Android or iOS devices.
On your desktop computer:
- Launch Chrome. If you are not already logged into Google in Chrome, log into your account.
- When prompted, press the Link data button to synchronize your the desktop version of Chrome with your devices.
- Begin installing the bookmark by selecting View > Always Show Bookmarks Bar
- Add the Recipe Clipper (Bookmark) to Chrome by clicking on the Add to PTE box and dragging it up into your Bookmarks Bar:
On your Android or iOS Device:
- Launch Chrome and navigate to a recipe that you would like to add to your Plan to Eat account.
- Open your Bookmarks window and press the Add to PTE bookmark to launch the Plan to Eat Recipe Clipper. OR In the URL bar, begin typing "Save to PTE" or "Add to PTE" depending upon the way you created the bookmark. You will see this listed in your drop down menu. Click that link to import the selected recipe.
- You may need to log into your Plan to Eat account. Once logged in, you can save the recipe and it will be waiting for you in your account.